Adapted from here. Serves 4.
- 2 medium zucchini
- ¾ lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- ½ cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- ½ cup chopped sweet red pepper
- ½ cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup (4 oz) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Trim the ends off zucchini. Cut zucchini in half lengthwise; scoop out pulp, leaving ½ inch shells. Finely chop pulp.
- In a skillet, cook beef, zucchini pulp, onion, mushrooms and peppers over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Remove from heat. Add ½ cup cheese, ketchup, salt and pepper; mix well. Spoon into the zucchini shells.
- Set oven to 350F. Put boats into a greased 13x9in baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered for 25-30 minutes or until zucchini is tender.