Stuffed Hot Peppers
Adapted from here.
- ⅓ cup ground Italian sausage
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened (goat cheese would be good too)
- ¾ tbsp garlic powder
- 3 tbsp grated Romano cheese
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- ⅓ cup Italian-style dry bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 Hungarian hot peppers (or jalapenos), cored and seeded
- Place sausage in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C)
- In a medium bowl, mix together the sausage, cream cheese, garlic salt, Romano cheese, oregano, basil, bread crumbs and olive oil.
- Stuff the peppers with the sausage mixture. Place on a baking sheet, and bake in the preheated oven 20 to 25 minutes, until the stuffing is lightly brown and bubbly.