Pasta with Basil, Arugula, and Walnut Pesto
Adapted from here. Add cherry tomatoes and/or cooked onions for more interest.
- 2 cups basil leaves
- 2 cups arugula leaves
- ¼ cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 3 tbsp walnuts
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- ¾ cup (3 oz.) Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- ⅓ cup chicken broth
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 8 cups hot cooked linguine (about 1 lb uncooked pasta)
- Place first 6 ingredients in a food processor; pulse 7 or 8 times or until mixture forms a smooth paste.
- Add cheese, broth, salt, and pepper; pulse until combined.
- Combine pesto and pasta in a large bowl, tossing to coat.